Exploding e-cigarette: Man burned; bed set on fire

A Santa Ana man suffered burns to his face Monday after an electronic cigarette he was smoking exploded, sending shrapnel flying throughout his room and lighting his bed on fire, authorities said.

Source: www.latimes.com

A man in Orange County California suffered major burns to his face when an e-cigarette exploded.  E-cigarettes have come onto the market in the last few years and are not regulated as much as other traditional smoking products.  It will be interesting to see if cases like this one result in products liability claims that modify how these devices are made and/or marketed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s