Samsung Galaxy S4 Catches Fire and Melts Next to Sleeping Teen

A teen’s Samsung Galaxy S4 caught fire as she slept next to it, burning a hole through her bedding.

Source: mashable.com

I’ve heard of teens “blowing up the phone” with texts but, I don’t think this is what they mean.  Such instances are apparently not uncommon and something that the cell phone manufacturers, like Samsung and Apple, need to address.  If someone is injured or killed by such an event, there could be grounds for a products liability suit based upon a defective design which allows the phones to heat up and cause fires.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s