Family files lawsuit in hotel pool electrocution death

In a lawsuit filed Wednesday, a Missouri City family alleges “gross negligence of epic proportions” for the swimming pool electrocution death of a young man at a Hilton Hotel swimming pool.

Steven M. Sweat‘s insight:

This is a terrible tragedy that sounds like it was completely preventable.  An electric company was hired to work on a pool light in a hotel.  As the hotel patrons were swimming in the pool after the electrical work, the lights came on and electrocuted the swimmers.  If this were in California, there would probably be a presumption of notice of a dangerous condition due to the defendant (electrical company) having created the danger.  The theory against the hotel would be negligent hiring of the electrician.

Glotzer and Sweat LLP – Los Angeles Accident and Injury Attorneys

See on

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s